Are you unhappy with the direction of the Republican Party in Gwinnett and the State of Georgia? This weekend you can start to change it.
The Gwinnett Republican Party is just an organization made up of voters from around the County. ANY REGISTERED VOTER can step up and help decide the direction of the party. And it starts on Saturday, February 9th.
This is when the Gwinnett GOP is holding a meeting to select its grassroots leaders. Attendees will be split up by voting precinct and each precinct will sit around a table and elect official GOP officers for that precinct. For instance, I am in Precinct 130, and on Saturday I could easily become an officer for my entire precinct. Any registered voter can accept a position (even the position of Precinct Captain) and will serve in that post for two years. YOU DON”T HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF THE PARTY – If you are a voter, you already have all the experience and qualifications you need!
Saturday’s meeting is also where Delegates for the County Convention are selected, and this is where you can have a real impact. Because these Delegates will vote in March for who will run the Gwinnett Republican Party for the next two years.
The really surprising thing about Saturday’s meeting is that very few people will attend. In fact, there will be some precincts where nobody attends! If you want to become a GOP officer for your precinct the job is usually yours by just showing up.
So here are the basics:
- The meeting is on February 9th at Central Gwinnett High School in Lawrenceville, GA. There will be signs there to tell you where to go.
- Registration begins at 9 a.m. and WILL END precisely at 10 a.m. You MUST be in line by 10 a.m. in order to participate.
- You don’t have to be a member of the Gwinnett GOP to participate – just a registered voter who believes in the principles of the Republican Party.
- You must bring your Georgia Driver’s License or other approved Government Issued ID that shows your current address and date of birth. Your voter registration will be verified when you check in.
- There is no fee for the Meeting.
- You should plan to be at the Precinct Meeting until at least noon.
Have questions? Visit the Gwinnett GOP website – http://www.gwinnettrepublicans.com/